Friday, March 12, 2004

My new plan.

Well, I spent a lot of time thinking about how to get rid of Susan at work, but I'm just not used to all this. I don't know how to elliminate someone and just get away with it, that kind of thing only happens in the movies. I spent some time in the morgue back while I was doing my residency and I'll tell you right now that getting rid of a body isn't as easy as they make it look. Point here is that it would take me months to try come up with something and we may not have that long. As I said, I'm still assuming that they can sense us like we can sense them. Even with all those problems aside, we encountered a new one today. One of the girls in admin has gone on maternity leave and her temporary replacement started today and she and Susan hit it off straight away. They're both part of the same club if you know what I mean. It made both Jenny and I realise some very basic truths about the world as we now know it. Firstly, there are a lot more of these creatures than you might realise. On any given day, you're likey to intereact with one of them. Secondly, even if we managed to get Susan and now this new one out of the medical center here on base, there's always the possibility that their replacement will be just as bad. In short, as long as we keep working, we'll have to watch our backs because they're always going to be around.

With all that in mind, Jen and I have taken next week off. Without wanting to say much about my family history, my parents were an enterprising couple while they were alive. When they passed away, they left me with a small fortune. I've never had much need to touch it (with the exception of using my college fund for it's intended purpose of course) so I'm going to go speak with my accountant. My hope is that with some decent management, I should be able to turn my inheritance into an income. If I can do that, then I'll pull myself back to a private practice like I'd originally planned to do before joining the army. My home here was built with that in mind after all so the surgery already exists. I won't abandon my work with the military all together though as I'm not willing to give up what could turn into vital access to military equipment and information, not to mention the friends that I have all over the base. If I plan on fighting these monsters, I'll need all the help I can get from the looks of things. This is just a way of minimising exposure to them. I spoke with Jen about it and she has already said that if I can pull it off financially, she'll happily take on the role of my assistant here. I know her medical knowledge is more than enough to make her invaluable in assisting me during surgery and I doubt that she'll have much trouble with the administrative work that we'll need.

I wonder if this will hurt my chances of making Major at my next review? ;)

-J.C.

No comments: