Friday, March 19, 2004

Hell of a week.

Well, things with Sam went well. It's been a lot of hard work trying to get things organised, but we finally managed to get it all sorted out. I now have a rather nice income that I don't have to work for (as does Jen) and a slush fund that will continue to rake in interest until I decide I need it. All that is independant from the host of other investments and strategies that Sam has been putting into place. I can certainly see why my father hired him. Now I could just kick back and retire if I wanted to and I must say that with things the way they are, I'd be very tempted to. Right now, the only thing stoping me is my concience. I want to look into the things we've discovered and see what I can do. Ballance is important and I'm going to try make sure that the creatures aren't tipping the scales. I get the feeling that Jen is starting to feel the same way. We've been seeing them around for a couple of weeks now and with that first exception, we haven't done anything except aviod them.

The papers for me leaving active duty at the base should be here early next week. C.O. seemed a little upset about losing two staff members in the same week, but was pleased that I told him he could still call any time if they needed help. I'll still be required to do some work for them if I want to keep my rank and military privileges (which I do), but it works out to about 2 days a month. Pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. Jen and I have both applied for a licence to carry a consealed fire arm and with our military background we should be cleared for them. Still not sure if guns will be of any use if we have to take down one of the others but then again, if they do work on them, all the better for us. I'm going to start collecting a few things that I'm almost certain would be able to hurt anyone, monsters and demons included. I've got a few white phosphor grenades on order and I managed to get some thermite from the transport devision on the base. I'll keep looking around for anything else that might be useful, but until I start tangling with them up close and personal it's going to be pretty hit and miss I think. Still, better that I start and it turns out to be useless than I don't and it isn't.

On a slightly less 'Hellfire and Brimstone' topic, I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm going out shopping for a few things. Trading in my current car and getting 2 new ones, new laptops for both Jen and myself, some new clothes, all the usual. Should be fun though as I've never really gone and done anything like this before. It's a pretty odd sensation being able to go out and do that without having to worry about the expense. Once I've done all the shopping, I plan to kick back and relax with Jen for whatever's left of Saturday and Sunday. Monday is going to be my first day hunting for these things and trying to find out if I can be of some help, so I figure that the rest will do me good. Besides, there are cartoons to watch on Sunday and nothing short of death is going to stop me from watching them.

-J.C.

No comments: